Friday, September 09, 2005

M-16 and NS

No, I'm not talking about the Nervous System.
Recently, the Defence Minister added new program to the National Service. Handling of M-16s. My question is, is it really that relevant for young school leavers to actually learn how to handle a M-16, although if it is on a voluntary basis? The goverment says the reason is to instill discipline. Is it me, or can anyone see how handling of a gun can make one disciplined? I suppose that is why policemen (who are trained in handling guns) in New Orleans recently just took the oppurtunity to rape and murder tpeople as they please, and I suppose the soldiers were so disciplined in the Gaza strip when they just shot at teenagers and innocent beings who they claimed tresspassed the borders. As far as I am concerned, guns and rifles remind me of war. And war results in death and it has no affiliation with love whatsoever. It is love that unites all , and guns are the sole inhibitory factor. Our young and innocent youth need to be thought love and how to handle themselves, not handle a gun. They should be thought multiculturism and how to grow in prospects of a growing world. Really, be it voluntary or not, the trainees should not, and should never, ever be taught to handle a gun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never get it either when ppl get so hyped up about arms and amunitions. quite a few of my colleagues here do that sortof thing(military training) and they did say it was fun. I'm sure it is, and I'm sure to a certain extent it does pose as a last resort for protection. but i guess it's just not my(or yours..)way of contributing towards good in the world. If anything, i'm glad im a prospective physician/surgeon!

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go vasanth!! ( did i spell ur name right?) i bet some of the small girls (nevermind me..) couldnt even handle a M16... so if they couldnt even lift up one do they get scolded or something? so what's after this? learn how to use a bazooka or something?

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home