Saturday, August 13, 2005

Better days

Oh boy , oh boy , oh boy, I got up this morning and I saw the sky! The sun!! Woo hoo! It felt great. God has been sooooo kind to me..like I was saying in my previous post, this haze brought fear unto me, and I was just asking God to give me a glimpse of sunshine , and that'll make me feel just fine, and my dear LORD did just that.It may be trivial to some people, but to me, this is something I appreciate and take pleasure in. As for the reason on why haze brought me nothing but fear, I still do not know. Now, there's no question why I am , actually, a monstrous little boy, huh?
On other issues...
The weeks that passed saw it being plagued with many APs....Funny, ain't it?
First, it was the Approved Permit issue, then came Ayah Pin with Sky Kingdom, now now its the awful haze with its high APIs (Air Pollution Index).
I was busy complaining that Indonesia should be doing something about this whole slash and burn activity or at least try to do something in ensuring the fire doesn't spread that much. But, now, I am not as angry at them, but ashamed that the culprit behind the slash and burn activity back there was done by two MALAYSIAN companies. Yes, MALAYSIAN palm plantation companies. I hope the Indonesian goverment will hand over the case to Malaysia so that they will be tried under the Malaysian law. As for Indonesia, I do not understand why they are refusing to attain help from Malaysian forces i.e Malaysian firemen although they have a shortage of workmen. I mean, come on, putting of a forest fire using BUCKETS of water? Get real, people!
7 people died, and the cause could possibly be due to the haze. So, we get this haze year in and year out, is the INDONESIAN GOVERMENT going to do anything to curb this problem from re-occuring? Are the ASEAN members going to push for Indonesia to sign that treaty soon? I don't know. But this issue has to be taken seriously. It's about time we wake up and not let corruption and ill-standing laws 'haze' away the future. It all has to start somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home