Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On swimming Dolphins

My definition of swimming is: the ability to keep oneself from drowning when placed in water.

Hence, I can swim.

Around here, when I am asked to join a group of friends for a swim jamboree, I run away. Unlike those macho people, I must say I don’t join them because:

-I am shy. Yes, I am SHY.
-It sounds like a bear falling into the river when it misses its catch of Salmon when I get into the pool

So, I just sit at the bench and watch them swim.

For reason number one, I will only get into a pool with a group of friends when I have the body of a MALE sex god. Ha ha. Meaning, I look like a potato now (Surprise! Surprise!)

For reason number 2, I need to learn how to swim silently and gracefully, like a merman or something. Has anyone seen Rassam swim? Gosh, he seriously is good. Well, he did use to swim across the sea to the island, like only EVERYDAY back in Kenya….

So, when these 2 problems are settled, I will be more than happy to join anyone for a swim. SPLASH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home