Monday, October 10, 2005

On having a 'family dinner'..........

Yesterday was another night at Daphne’s place. It seems to be our common past time nowadays to hang out at Daphne’s. Due to my inability to study yesterday, Daphne suggested we have a cook out at night (one that we planned for quite some time already) provided the fact I study before hand. So I did.


At Daphne’s place there was not much to work with, as we didn’t want to go to carrefour at that time. But, Daphne had quite some good stuff at home. So Michelle, Amelia and our Filipino maid Daphne (ha ha) got to work helping me to prepare dinner that night. Of course, being the fussy pot that I am, I was scrutinizing every single thing they did right down to ensuring that Michelle ‘chopped’ the garlic well. Well, tough luck, I’m a fussy cook. Before long I started cooking, had Michelle help me out here and there while Daphne darling played songs on her laptop. It was fun. Jeremy was around, waiting eagerly till I finished cooking. So, after about an hour, the menu for dinner:


-Buttered Rice
-Spicy honey chicken
-Potato and beef ‘kicap’ (a.k.a Sweet momma potato & beef)
-Pak Choy with oyster sauce.
-Mango pudding with longan, for dessert.

Sounds good? It tastes even better!

So there we were, 5 of us around the already set dining table to have our dinner. It was so momentous. Living at vista, we hardly (or never) ever have a family –like dinner, and yesterday was once when we actually did. I felt so delighted just sitting there with my friends (whom I really love!!) having delicious home cooked food for dinner. The ambience was great. Aroma of the food, slow music playing on Daphne’s laptop…ahh..it couldn’t be better…Thanks guys!!

Sheena came along later, and to our surprise with her cooking for the day. She made macaroni and cheese (which is why she came later). We were all stuffed but couldn’t really resist the temptation the cheese held before us. And it was sumptuous!!
Later, we hung out in Daphne’s cozy little tribal room (like we always do), just chatting and living by the time…

It’s always great hanging out with you guys, Michelle, Amelia, Daphne, Sheena, Jeremy, and the times we spend together are priceless. All those sharing, praying, crap-talking and ‘general knowledge’ (the list just goes on and on and on) is so wonderful, I feel blessed to have spend my time with you guys..
Now, for the next cook out…he he he

Due to all the great time, some of us were suggesting that we should be housemates, to which responses:

Amelia & Vasan: We will never study
Daphne & Michelle: Yay!!!!!!
Jeremy: We will hate each other…. (me:…geesh…rolls eyes…)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dappy said...

aww... vasan. tat was so sweet! i sure had fun, the house was so quiet after u guys left. =)

10:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home