Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Great balls

Of late, the CSS (Catholic Student Society) have been a little sporty. Just a week before the Nervous System assessment, we played basketball, with the juniors, sem1 and sem3. It is just so exhilarating to spend your Friday nights playing basketball!! Especially when you have a height you can brag about (the fact on whether it is of use or not will be neglected right here!)

Yesterday, we went for a game of futsal. to tell you the truth, I'm not a fan of football. the last time I really played football was probably when I was 7 or 8 with my cousins, well, I had to play, or I'll just be left to rot...so might as well...I still remember being so excited about this back-ball- kick that I did when I was playing then..cool. then, of course, the other time I played football was during PJ (Pendidikan Jasmani) in school, when, again, I had no choice but to play or else. But, I just used to be the defender, standing by the goal post doing nothing.

Anyway, so I thought I will give futsal a try. Nevermind the fact that I had a group of people from CSS who were ever ready to start teasing my ball kicking capabilities yesterday. to a point, it seemed they were so excited to go for the game just to see me make a fool out of myself while playing...Geesh....

I guess I had a good time playing (I'm surprise , my stamina is outrageous!). I was bad at scoring goals, but I sure did a good job defending and 'stealing' the ball. Of course, at times, my instincts made me grab the ball using my hands, which of course is not allowed.
The best part was probably when I was shooting, aiming at getting that.... one...goal....and I scored!!!! ONLY because Jeremy let the ball go in the goal post on purpose! Then everyone started cheering,like I really made it,but in actual fact they were just mocking me..... it was such an insult!!!! They were having so much fun mocking me! Arrrrrrgghhh!!!!
Then again, the game was really fun. It felt good running after the ball, strategy and all....Of course, later we had Bak Ku Teh and I was extremely tired. We even decided to go for a swim at 1am...but I didn't make it. I guess I must have been sleeping.

Mental note: Tackle and shoot people who mock me
Just to state that I am still not a fan of football, but I wouldn't say the same for futsal though! ;-)
Disclaimer: I am in no way angry or unhappy with any of my friends of whom I played futsal with. However I understand that they are from another world and I hence, have to forgive their unworldly behaviour....muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

hey vasan. hope you had good time playing futsal. you weren't bad at all.

if it makes you feel any better, i was damned dissapointed when they let you score like that i just sat down in my D for a full minute. no offence. but i guess i was too serious, whether we were playing guys-guys or mixed, but that's just me, like the way Sebastian puts it, we go into the 'zone' when we play. so anyway, hope you feel discouraged by their moment of amusement. i saw nothing funny there. and the fact that we're all in CSS.... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh =(

12:38 pm  
Blogger pink dolphin said...

hey Paul...
Thanks for your concern, really appreciate it. But I guess I was not angry/mad/pissed or anything with anyone, although I must say that I was pretty embarrassed though....
Nevertheless, I seriously was not angry or affected by it in any way. They were just having fun . ha ha.
Hey thanks again..... ;-)

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home