Thursday, October 27, 2005

People *Sigh*

What do you do when people take you for granted?
Do you:

a) Just ignore the fact that they are doing so and continue being friends
b) Take then for granted to,since they took you for granted
c) wallow in the fact that they did/are doing such a thing and just be bitter
d) Tell them that they have been doing so, and that you are hurt
e) What the heck, I don't need them anyway!

Sometimes, people take things for granted, for example, the pleasures and comfort in life, when everything goes ok and has never been bad their entire life. When they take things like that for granted, it is up to them to eventually realize that they shouldn't do so and learn to appreciate life as it is.

BUT

When you take a HUMAN PERSON for granted, it's totally different. Emotions are at hand. If you would had read my blog long enough, you would already , clearly notice how particular I am with human emotions.
Taking one for granted might not be much of an issue to some people, that's because they are just content with exactly what they have and own (including friends). Little do they know that some day, the 'victim' will come to a realization that he/she was just another 'thing' in another person's life.
Question here is, why do people take other PEOPLE for granted? Is it just inherent? Do they not see what they are doing?
If there is one thing I learnt this year, it would have been that of not expecting anything for people. I learnt that it's not like the barter system where I give you care and hence you should give me care in return. It just isn't is. As cruel it may sound (and as hard as it hit me when I actually realized it)

Thing is here, I don't know where I'm heading with this post. All I can say is , one fine day , when you look back and you realize that that very same person isn't there when you need them the most, the very same person you took so much for granted, don't hate yourself fof it, don't be remorseful, because you should have thought about it earlier. Maybe all they wanted was a little time with you, a little walk with you , a little talk with you, but you dismissed them because it was not about you.

To you guys who are reading this:
- Try your best to not take anyone for granted, be it you friends, family (or lecturers!)
- Always remember that the person in front of you has the very same feeling as you do

Point is, just don't be hurtful :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~sigh~..Well..when I read this post...it was like as though it was directed to me....You know something...being taken for granted seems to be a part of my life....that I have over the years try to solve...but failed miserably...and now I'm tired of all the fighting and left to no option but to shrug it off and its doing no good to me..so conclusion..I wish I knw the solution. let me know, ok?

7:18 pm  
Blogger EH said...

Blah... How do you take a friend for granted? How do you you know if you are taken for granted?

10:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have come to realise that when you are friends with people, you DO have to sacrifice a lot of yourself to your friends. sometimes they do things that you wouldn't like, but that is how they are. maybe when they talk to you, or do something, its all about them,and you feel like they never really bothered by you. but that's how life is, and that's how friends are. i think we all do that to each other, some more than others, but if we were to have friends that are exactly like us, it would be a boring world, wouldn't it?

3:20 pm  
Blogger pink dolphin said...

Jivanti;
I have learnt how to deal with these people, that is, I just be patient. As much as I am unhappy due to their action, they are, nonetheless, my friends,maybe, that's a little sacrifice on my part, for them, just to sustain that friendship. So, the solution: Be patient, or if it's too much, just be honest and talk to them.

comic_crisis,
You can tell when one is taking you for granted when you know that you don't matter much in that particular friendship. It can manifest in many ways, actually, right down from material to emotional 'invesments'. For e.g,everytime your friend needs someome to talk to , you are there, but when it's your turn, it just doesn't matter.Soemthing like that la

10:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the way i see it, life goes on. as sad as it may be, maybe next time you'll get the chance to make abetter impression. as for now, contribute as necessary and keep your expectations low.
I used to fiddle a lot with being taken for granted ages ago, but now I guess I'm lucky enough to not being constantly bombarded by it.
i don't know if there's an answer but just to share, whenever i felt as though i'm being taken for granted, i just stop putting in as much effort and offer necessary help. aside from that if they need help so much they'll ask for it(hence probably appreciate it more). otherwise just let it go, maybe they are others who need your help more than anything else.

9:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to answer the "question" posed:
a mix of a and e. but a mild modification to e though.
e) oh what the heck, they don't need me anyway(yet)!

take care! KXX

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home