Monday, August 01, 2005

When reality sets in,it hurts.

As I wake to the slowly- dying sound of my alarm clock, indicating that it needs a battery change and the awfully loud voice of my housemate shouting from outside my curtainless room wondering if I am going for the briefing this morning made me realise that reality has just set in: Semester 5 has begun.
Getting to lecture late and having a Prof tell me about Sem5 and how I have to look at a patient as a whole and not a disease, with utterly lame jokes in between is not quite a way to begin the morning. If that was not bad enough, we had a briefing on what we are up for the next few (5, to be exact) weeks. The briefing (and my colleagues studying in the library) has made me realize that I have to start TODAY. Start studying and get my priority all set TODAY. It is sad, but I am looking forward for many productive weeks actually, i.e. I want to do well, and I HAVE to, and to do so I have to STUDY. Maybe MS (musculoskeletal) and NS (Nervous System) isn’t all that bad (yeah, I’m kidding myself!). With help from GOD and a little bit of determination and hard work I should be able to do fine.

With 4 lectures a day on some days and the hundreds of muscle I will later have to remember (with the bones and joints) plus revising my previous systems all at the same time, I wonder how I am ever gonna survive. Esp. after a 2 month (sort of) break. I’ll think positively. Let’s hope it works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pathetic stories aside, it was wonderful to finally see some of my friends and catch up after quite a while. It’s good to know that my dear friend Jer had a great time back home at Sabah with his family and friends. It’s also great to know that K spend his time shopping and Moggy spent her time relaxing and making herself look good after a horrendous ordeal back here in IMU. Chatting up with everyone just feels fantastic. The catch up session that I had with Jer in the library couch (in front of the TV that is mute) turned in to a conference with TortoiseJ enticing everyone to join her for the Wild Zebra show, Sh and Ken with Y all together talking about just everything. We went a little far as I think we were laughing out a little too loud in the library…before long we had the librarian coming up to me saying:
“Give me your tag”
“Huh?”
“Give me your tag!”
“Why?” (While S slowly takes her tag off)
“Because you were all talking”
“Oh...I thought this was the discussion area” (Lame, but hey, I had to have a comeback!)
“The discussion room is downstairs. Give me your tag!”
S: “That’s ok we will go down now. Sorry.”
Librarian walks away as the 6 of us embarrassingly walk towards the e-lab.

What the??!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it starts. Hello Semester 5, bye-bye Semester four. More like, Hello hell, bye bye heaven. So much for confession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home