Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Summer Movies

During this whole period of Selectives, I must admit that I watched quite a number of movies...Both recent and past. The Selective period is really relaxing (as you can tell by my frequent updates), and I have been filling out much of my time yapping , eating( and hence turning into Nutty Professor!), a little reading and of course the MOVIES. Although I had all the time in the world, I didn't do what I normally do: Watch 3 movies in a row (in the cinema).Nonetheless, I managed to watch these few movies, and here are some reviews on that which I have seen and that which I'm looking forward to.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a movie about an Interpreter (Nicole) working at the UN who overheard a conversation on assassination of a leader which is going to happen during a Summit at the UN Headquarters. The movie has a good twist in it, has a little about the genocide (something that is close to my heart) and somewhat emulates that which is occurring in the world right now. (My guess: Rwanda). So this Interpreter tries to stop this assassination, but turns out the FBI thinks that she is the prime suspect. The movie then goes down memory lane, inciting times when she was a rebel in this one country in the Africa continent( can't remember where).
So, what happens?
The assassin is finally sought, and of course, it was pretty surprising who the REAL assassin really was. A good movie to watch, great action, suspense, a little emotional not much romance( which is a good thing!!). Nicole did a good job.
The Verdict: Good movie. Go watch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This movie is just for those who wanna drool over Brad Pitt and Angie. Obviously, there was a rotten storyline, dumb actions, (yawn) and oh my god, did they think that movie goers are as dumb as jungle people? Geesh..
The Verdict: for your fantasy escapades,it's worth the watch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Good action.Good storyline.Good ending. Great mobile. The producer did a good job in maitaining a balance between the storyline and the action part of it. For new-Batman-fans, this is probably a good movie to start with.
The Verdict: " I will use my fear to create fear in others"....go figure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Like my previous post , this movie is a must watch. It's not about what you see, it's about what you feel - that's what I tell everyone.
The Verdict: If the world was really at war, watch this before you fight. (lame =))

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ghost Train- yet another one of the millions of horror movies that have been mushrooming recently. To tell you the truth, this movie SUCKS!! Bad actors + Bad storyline + Bad images= Horrible movie
The Verdict: Seriously, do I have to tell you??

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
An OK movie i guess. I feel that the producer gave us a warning before we watched the movie, because, in the posters, it's written: "What IF memories were stored in chips"...A movie where people can have a ZOE implant before they are born. This will have their lifelong memories recorded, and once they are dead, the family can ask for a re-memory of the deceased, and this is where the 'Cutter' comes into action to sieve the memory and only produce the good memories for the re-memory. The story entails anti-implant groups fighting for rights to own memory and it somehow portrays the ill-effects if we ever do have such a device. Well, not all our memories are good, right? The movie encircles around this hot-shot who has been molesting his child and had a pretty horrible status, but swept under the carpet because he was rich and famous. His memory chip gets destroyed, and so who is the next target?
The Verdict: Watch and find out. Although I have to warn that it's not worth your money.

Old movies.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I bet many have already watched this movie. I love true stories....Leo does a good job when in comes to impersonating people. Good movie. I enjoyed it.

Movies I'm looking forward to......

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Amityville Horror.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fantastic Four - can't wait!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chronicles Of Narnia

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Initial D ..(just for the cars!!)
Movies I'm NOT looking forward to....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Click. Apparently did not get any nominations, I'm not sure If I should even try watching it....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Come on, Jet Li?? Geesh....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought u should be on diet n studying?? But i'm not doing both too so conyinue with what u r doing. N Initial D is not bad!!

3:22 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home