Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Reunions.

On Sunday, my aunty got herself a new car. It was a Kia Rio. It's kinda nice, the car. I was made to drive around with that car,as my aunty was not really confident to take over the wheels. It was fun. If it wasn't for her being in the car, I would have driven at least 160km/h, but phooey! I couldn't......Anyway, to where I drove the car..................
There was a so - called reunion at my grand- uncle's place because my 'nieces' (I'm an uncle already!!geesh!) just got baptised. Well, the thing is, they are part of my extended family that I hardly visit. Probably once a year. Yeah. So, my mum being the social queen that she is started her whole out-loud HIs and giving her hugs and kisses to every I've- not-seen -you -so-long people there while her sisters (my aunties) sat in the corner claiming that my mum is just so, hmmm, sometimes, unpredictable (in a good way). The people whom my mum hugged and kissed were my cousins, uncles, nephews, nieces, grandchildren, I don't know...But it was fun to be there to actually get to know about all my extended family members. I must say that my mum is really admirable, and I got that trait of hers, because when I 'm in a social outing, I easily break the ice and also, like my mum, hug people accordingly. The problem with this is that some people find it pretty awkward (I bet Sarah's cousin can tetstify to that!) to be hugged and all. Anyways, I must give my mum an applaud because when we went t o my granduncle's place it was DEAD. Not until my mum got there, it wasn't. =)
My grandaunty was around there that day, too. She had this funny pony tail everyone was poking fun at. To the real story, she hadn't seen my uncle for ages and we had to keep repeating my uncle's name etc etc etc. The moment my uncle said : " Do I remind you of your brother (my uncle's dad, who is my grandad)",my grand aunty started crying and kissing my uncle and all. Obviously she did that because she missed my grand dad who died when he was a young man. I just found it so hilarious because she just didn't stop crying. But,deep down inside I could feel her love for my late grandfather, who lost his leg and died for my country......Salute.
So this is yet another boring post of mine ending with my whining of how I have not been studying. Maybe I should start crying.

1 Comments:

Blogger bomber said...

you sap!!! you should have your own talk show. why is it every time i read your blog you have to cry...

oh well...its good you can show your emotions. i know i am an ice queen, and enjoy being one!

2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home