Friday, July 15, 2005

Religion, an unforeseen enigma

I had a good talk with my special friend the other day, J, about this very big topic, religion. Some people believe that if they don't know Christ, their destiny is hell. Others say it is justified to kill for your religion. Some say there is no such thing as God, we are just here, now..Probably the whole "Big Bang' theory.
What saddened me was the fact that religion, something so sacred has been turned into a subject open to ruthless condemned human exploitation that can never see an end of. It was interesting to know that the very foundation of religion (at least mine,) is to love. And, to love , to me, means to unify. At the present day now, we see that the very small matter of LOVE even, is separated due to religion (for those who are clueless, I'm talking about relationships), and the very existence of terror is also somewhat linked to religion.
It occurs to me that religion somehow acts as a divisive device rather than a unifying element. The question posed to me by my friend is that, Why is religion the only thing that is setting every other human apart, because, in essence, we are all human beings, the same, equal in sight. Why?
I feel that human beings always need something to hold on to, something to lean on, something to depend on, and here is where religion takes its spot. As far as I know, I cannot answer that question, but I do know that I know the truth and it is the truth (light) that will set you free. Redundant? You bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home