Monday, July 25, 2005

The Week That Was

One week of my holiday just vanished right before my eyes, but it was a great week indeed. Did my GP posting at my ex-town, had a great doctor to guide me, couldn't ask for anything more. My GP, Dr.Jaswant Singh was a quiet person, hardly spoke, but at least he thought me a thing or two. He allowed me to draw blood, give injections, micro surgery , USS, etc etc. Behind all this procedure, the best thing I learnt from him is how important communicating with patients is. Dr. Jaswant really has the whole BS thing going on. He certainly talks to his patients and acknowledges them, not the disease. He is rather understanding and takes the time to speak to his patients about their everyday life, just so they feel welcomed and respected. Oh, and he is multilingual. He speaks Cantonese, Urdu and Hindi, the latter important as he has many foreign workers coming to his clinic. I did not stay long, though, he only required me to come from 9am -1pm everyday, of which I left at 12pm everyday and skipped Tuesday. NOT because I was lazy, I had stuff to do. =)
----
Being at home was just great ..idling away...That was not good. Was suppose to meet up with a few other friends, but they were all busy, so, I just spent my time with my family, which is something I have not been doing. I was royally my aunts' chauffeur , driving up and down to town, KL, etc, picking up cousins, my brother from school and aunty from the office etc etc...boy, was I tired and USED! =)
I spent a lot of time with my brother during the past week,my mum just called me to tell me that my brother went to sleep hugging my pillow and did not want to go to school because I wasn't at home. Shaun, Shaun, grow up!!
-----
Last Friday, I had a drive down Cheras to Jo's place so we could catch the Amityville Horror, and boy, I gave myself a mental note never to drive down ANYWHERE in Cheras, esp after you get directions from Jo. ha ha =)
The Amityville Horror was pretty scary, it's worth a watch. Spooky. We watched it at 12am, and I had to drive home alone. My mission was just to reach home before 3.15am ( watch the movie and you'll understand why) and thank God, I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home