Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Asian University Debate Championship

It's been a long time since I updated my blog and I have been nagged by some of my fellow bloggers on how boring and redundant my blog is . So I thought I'll just write. Anyway, before I go on, it would probably be good if I just informed everyone that Yvonne now shares this blog with me, as well as Sarah, so just take note.
Going to Singapore for the Asian University Debate Championship was really a good experience. Nanyang Technology University is such a beautiful modern university, it has the best facilities for its students and is, undoubtedly very student friendly. The debates were great as the motion were all fresh motions, and it was fun debating especially when you are going against the Philippine teams. They are awesomely good debaters!! I learned a lot from these people, their command of the language is good and their ability to make even the simplest point into a full blown argument is intriguing. Their passion in debating reflects when they speak and this is another thing I admire about them. I guess they put a lot of effort in training for tournaments; one of them even mentioned that they actually train everyday, wow!! IMU has a lot to learn from the Philippine debaters.
During this tournament I also understood how important it is to communicate well with your team mates because communication between members is one vital aspect in winning a debate. I learned how bad a debate round can turn when you misunderstand and do not communicate well with your team mates. Boy, I never want something like that to occur again! Although there were mis-communication, my team mates and I resolved the matter quickly and I thought that was very impressive. ** YP and RGL, you guys are the best!!**
As you have read so far, I wrote about all the good things that happen during my time there. I'm not going to write about the not-so-good things that occurred, because I left it in NTU before coming back here. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home